A simple Solomon Islander who blogs with the hope of improving his writing skills.

NEW!

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Friday, October 28, 2011

The Day I Defined Admiration


We often take hours thinking about people we envy. Here
is what I wrote after meeting a person who is now a
very good friend of mine. Photo:Goggle.

By Harold Maesulia.  Follow me on twitter.

A sight of you reminded me of the $2000 worth canon camera I saw at PROUDS*the other day. I’ve always wanted to own a camera that can capture my everyday life in style so that I’ll have a store of memories to look back to in the future. Do I have that amount to give me the title to that high tech cam? Poor me, now I just have to settle down with the wish that one day I’ll get to have that substantial amount so that I’ll get to pay that stunning canon product.

You have the smile of a down to earth girl. You appear to have no problem falling in a conversation with anyone-just anyone at all. Those were my first impressions of you. When I first sighted you, I decided not to allow myself to fall for your beauty. People say looks can be deceiving. So I took a stand on the way side to give myself time to see you in person.

The girl that my eyes were set on has a magnetic aura around her. Her ways are worth dying for. She has a good sense of humor. She talks and laughs in a friendly way. She’s natural. She doesn’t choose to enhance her looks with make ups. Donned with a pretty smile, she was quick to get on the wagon when our topic flew from our usual island way of introduction to the tones of jokes I had in store. I’ve decided to act as if we’ve met each other before. Hence I resort to man the conversation with more jokes. She contributed nicely and I could see the calmness in her eyes.

Somewhere in each person’s heart, there are wishes. One of those is the wish to find someone you’ll get to share your life with.

I ran into you by accident, but after settling down to have my eyes see for themselves the beauty within you, I knew I had something to say about you. Was it love? Well I opted to again take the stand on the way side. I have a reason for doing that-what if the person I’m eyeing is already taken? It’s shameful to come in unexpectedly between two people, isn’t it?

We can’t stop events from appealing to our minds, but even though how much you admire them, face the reality. Not all of them will be yours no matter how much you wish. I don’t know how long it’ll take for me to own such an iconic camera. May be a year or 2? Oh perhaps not at all. Well it’s not wrong to admire something when it looks good. I’d be happy if I don’t get to have the camera after all. At least I was fascinated by the amount of wonders it can do in the world of photography. May be I am meant to go with my laid back SUMSUNG brand that is laying around at my Waimanu* flat.

The accident I went through by coming across you was indeed an exciting one. I knew I met a kind hearted person. Thanks for nourishing my life with all those smiles. We own the key to our own hearts and the task of opening it is only done when the person who is knocking is the one you want him in. I don’t want to knock at your door today because I don’t want to draw your attention from the one you already have inside. I’m just passing by your dwelling to admire its architecture. Thanks for inspiring me. I will always keep a smile inside to remember the day I met you.

Bye,
Mr. Aimless Admirer (Harold Maesulia)

*PROUDS is a one of the world class shops in Suva.
*Waimanu is the name of the street I live in at Suva.

2 comments:

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages