A simple Solomon Islander who blogs with the hope of improving his writing skills.

NEW!

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mum Still Matters

Follow me on Twitter.
This post may have come a little late than expected but it has in no way equal its lateness.

I woke up on Sunday feeling the need to talk to my beloved mum but the inconvenience of inaccessibility communication wise has denied me the right to do so.

I however, remembered my mum silently in a reflective way that got me thinking what I must do to repay all the hard work she has done to see me this far.

Dad has an influence in my life too but since this is mother's day I give mum the chance today.

My mum is an absolute delight. I grew up under her loving wings to experience how to love and be loved.

Her childhood was a sad tale. She narrated how things had inconveniently happened pushing her and the siblings to the limit of staying under a single parent roof.

" I grew up under a tense environment...I learned to act when told because my father was a strick person and resorting to getting you wiped was the first option. So we avoided it by being obedient," said mum one day as she pushed us to realize why we should comfortably take advantage of our relaxed environment (with not so much wipes to come by) to listen to the good counsel of her and dad.

Mum's words entered my childish brain way back then only to exit the next moment. I realized their importance not until I had my proper thinking caps on, but by then lots of avoidable traps got me already.

If there is going to be anything I'd tell mum today, it's going to be a huge sorry. I heard from her in person that I'm her favourite which however doesn't put me in any position to over run the right of my siblings to as well call her mum.

Mum, your expectations from me are not always lived up to, that's why I'm wearing my true-self coat today to tell you that in spite of whatever you're always dear to me.

No one can't substitute your place in my heart and I know you'll always remain deep within no matter what happens.

When the world turns against me, you're next to God. How deserted sometimes I become when you're so far away for me to hear from you.

You're comforting and loving and I wouldn't trade you for anything else-no, no, not even money.

On such a special day like this I'll pray for you to have strength to keep keeping on the good fight. Mum you still matters in my life.

Your dearest son,

Harold

Want to comment? Click here.

Photo: My mum and grandpa (dad's uncle). Copyright©2010, Harold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages